If you’re reading this, that means I’m safe and sound in Seville! It still amazes me that I can fly over an ocean in less than a day. I love you, technology.
Everyone has been asking me if I’m excited. While I was in the United States, it was hard to say yes. To all my friends and family, old and new, who I was reunited with or met for the first time: it was so good to see you. I love you. I will miss you. And it was difficult for me to be excited to say good-bye to you. I will also miss singing while driving. A lot. Among other things:
But of course it’s not good-bye; it’s see you soon. It’s see you in June! And now that I’m in Spain, it’s time to get back to work. I have a long list of goals, and in order to accomplish them, I must master that mythical thing known as “time management.” Next time you meet me, I’ll be a punctual, productive, accomplished, fluent, capable, admirable, honorable, dependable, reliable, formidable, intimidating, strong, independent BEAST who doesn’t have time to list that many adjectives in a single sentence.
* Take salsa or Sevillanas classes… or both
* Attend a gym for weight training; or run a 5K
* Schedule 10-12 hours/week of ESL lessons on top of school
* Visit Morocco, Paris, Germany, Gibraltar, Ronda, and Barcelona
* Speak Spanish 2/3 of the time
* See a performance at el teatro Lope de Vega
* Attend the Feria in April; rent a flamenco dress for the occasion
* Take the GRE and apply for Human Computer Interaction programs in the USA
* Send snail mail back and forth with my loved ones
You can encourage me to meet my goals by sending snail mail to my address in Spain. Email me your address, and I’ll send you a plain envelope bearing my return address and containing a colorful piece of paper with stickers on it and various thoughts from my head.
And now I’ll take my cue from this professional napper and get some rest!
I can’t wait to hear from you!